Puri latest news – 50 Best places to visit in Puri (2022) | Visit in and Around Puri
- Rath Yatra Live 2021 – Hindi/English
- Rath Yatra Live 2021 – Odia
- Puri rath yatra 2021 news:
- Snana Purnima 2021:
- Rath Yatra 2021: Devotees banned during important festivals like Snana Purnima and Rath Yatra in Puri Jagannath Temple. The annual Rath Yatra of Lord Shree Jagannath in Puri will be held without devotees for this year.
- Entry to Jagannath Temple: Due to Covid-19 pandemic, entry to Shri Jagannath temple is closed by the state Govt. of Odisha till 25th July 2021. Also during this Lockdown period till July 01 other temples located in Puri are banned to visit and make puja and darshan for common public.
- Anla Nabami 2020: – Amidst the fair and festivals of Sri Gopinath Dev temple Anla Navami and Bada Ekadashi are famous which fall on the Odia month of Kartika (October to November). Lakhs of Hindu devotees and pilgrims through out ever corner of the country and abroad come to visit the sacred most Darshan of the two idols each year. This is a religious festival Due to COVID-19, state govt had imposed 144 at Sakhigopal temple Puri (round of 200m) and restricted general access for devotees during the celebration of famous Anla Nabami for last year (2020).
- Puri Development Plan:
Chief minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik approves projects for Puri.
Development and Beautification of Puri
Plan – Develop Puri into a world class heritage city including Jagannath Ballav Matha
Radius – 75-meter radius of the temple
Beautification Plan– 15-meter smooth passage and 60-meter as heritage security zone around four side
Project Worth – Rs 765 crore
Iconic Raghunandan Library
This iconic Library was located in Emar Mutt which was demolished as a part of the clear structures within 75 meter radius of the temple.Due to beautification of Bada danda. This library was build around 710 years ago. Chief minister of Odisha approved Rs 120 core for development of the library and housing project.
Project Plan for iconic Raghunandan Library |
Develop with – Heritage architecture
Develop As – Research on Jagannath culture
Structure – 3-storied structure
Plan – Convert old books and palm leaf manuscripts to digitized
Project Worth – Rs 25 crore
Rehabilitation Project Plan for affected houses|
Project worth – Rs 95 crore
Number of houses to be develop – around 600
Distance – Within 1.5KM radius of Jagannath temple
Built area – 520 sq/ft